100+ IT Quiz Questions which you should know on all IT Quizzes 2017
These are some factual IT Quiz Questions which can be repeated in most of the IT Quizzes 2017.
1.Which educational and research institution hosts the ‘Digital Library of India’ in co-operation with CMU, IIIT, NSF, ERNET and MCIT for the Government of India and 21 participating centres? A; Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Which project, launched in November 2008, is Google going to terminate on February 28?
A;. Print Ads. 3.What ‘new’ concept did Richard Stallman dismiss as an industry bluster saying “it’s stupidity. It’s worse than stupidity: it’s a marketing hype campaign”? Ans:Cloud computing.
4.Name the Chinese e-mail and messaging company that IBM is acquiring and which will be part of its Lotus’ Bluehouse project Ans:Outblaze 5.‘Share what you know’ is the tagline for…? Ans:Google’s Knol. 6.Expand JIDL. A; Java Interface Definition Language.
- What new feature was introduced in the new, remodelled White House Web site after Obama’s assumption of office?
Ans:A blog 8.When asked to comment about an occasion that occurred on January 24, Steve Jobs said: “If you look backward in this business, you will be crushed. You have to look forward.” What event is being talked about? A:The silver jubilee of Apple Macintosh
9.Name the three Indian cities where Amazon has software development centres? Ans. Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad.
- Google’s new software that lets mobile phone users share their location with close contacts is called…?
- One more on Google! What snafu did the search engine do on January 31 between 6:30 and 7:25 a.m. PST?
A: It listed every site on the Internet as malware with the message ‘This site may harm your computer
- Wilber is the official mascot of…
- Name Amazon’s self-publishing service wherein any US citizen can sign up for an account, upload and sell eBooks through Amazon.
Ans:Digital Text Platform (DTP).
- Which computer-maker is touted as having the ‘greenest family of notebooks’?
Ans:Apple (for its MacBook).
- Whose smartphone brand is called ‘Pre’?
- According to tagline, which two cyber giants ‘bring the Internet to Television’ with its Widget Channel?
Ans:Intel and Yahoo! IT Quiz Questions
- The industry’s most advanced and open Linux-based mobile project created in 2007 is called…?
- In 1991, three cyber giants formed the AIM alliance to create a new computing standard based on the PowerPC architecture. Name the three.
Ans:Apple, IBM and Motorola
- According to a recent survey, which Asian country has been judged to have the worst online restrictions?
- Name the embedded operating system developed by Palm for the Pre smartphone, set to be released on June 6.
- In which three European countries is Gmail known as Google Mail?
Ans: Germany, Austria and the UK. 21 In the context of cyber security strategy for the US federal government, if George W. Bush’s document was called ‘National Strategy to Secure Cyberspace’, what is Barack Obama’s just released document called? Ans:Cyberspace Policy Review’.
- Expand the messaging standard XMPP.
Ans: eXtensible Messaging and Presence Protocol.
- What does the S stand for in the recently unveiled iPhone 3G S?
- Google’s recent launch to present search results in grid format is called…?
Ans: Google Squared. 25 Why is June 5, 2002, important in the timeline of browsers? Ans:Mozilla 1.0 made its debut.
- According to ‘global market share statistics’ provided by Net Applications, which is the fourth most used OS now after Windows, Mac and Linux?
Ans: The iPhone OS.
- Which is the country, outside of the US, to have most students involved in this year’s Google’s global program ‘Summer of Code’?
Ans:INDIA IT Quiz Questions
- What is the Google Podium?
Ans: It is the Google site where one can find a selection of public presentations made by Google executives
- Expand VAIO as in the name for the sub-brand for many of Sony’s computer products
Ans:Visual Audio Intelligent Organizer 30 Name the founder of Netscape and co-founder of Opsware who has launched a new venture fund along with Ben Horowitz, also a co-founder of Opsware Ans: Marc Andreessen
- According to Akamai’s latest ‘State of the Internet’ report, which Asian country has the distinction of having the highest average connection speed, at 11 Mbps, in the world?
- Which market leader in its field of activity has the tagline ‘Confidence in a connected world’ to highlight its mission?
- Who makes the Inferno OS?
Ans: Bell Labs.
- In the context of 4G wireless technology, expand LTE.
Ans: Long Term Evolution
- In the context of Google, what is commonly called ‘Omaha’?
Ans:Google Update, the software installer and auto-updater for Windows.
- Which browser-maker’s proprietary Web server service is called Unite?
- Who operates the generic top-level domains for .com and .net?
Ans: VeriSign Inc
- Name the former two codenames of the upcoming Windows 7.
Ans: Blackcomb and Vienna
- The open-source counterpart to the Google Chrome Web browser is called…?
- Which electronics major is making its debut in the netbook market with ‘Booklet 3G’?
- In which city will Windows 7 get its formal launch on October 22?
- Name the world’s fourth richest person who has decided to take a base salary of $1 for fiscal 2010?
Ans: Larry Ellison of Oracle.
- In the context of software, expand FLOSS.
Ans: Free, Libre and Open Source Software
- To whom is this quote about free software attributed: “To understand the concept, you should think of ‘free’ as in ‘free speech’, not as in ‘free beer’”?
Ans: Richard Stallman
- Which company has developed a high-quality raw video format initiative called CinemaDNG, where DNG stands for Digital Negative
Ans:ADOBE IT Quiz Questions
- The non-profit, open-source foundation created by Microsoft with a contribution of $1 million is called…
Ans: CodePlex Foundation.
- Sir Tim Berners-Lee, the creator of the World Wide Web, has confessed and apologised for which ‘unnecessary’ part of a Web address
Ans:The forward slashes
- Who makes the Reclaim and Blue Earth range of mobile phones?
- Which recently-discontinued but one-time popular service was called Beverly Hills Internet?
- Who makes the Droid Eris smartphones?
- Google’s URL-shortening service is called…?
Ans:. Goo.gl. 53.Amazon’s founder and CEO, Jeff Bezos, what is the most gifted item in the company’s history? Ans:KINDLE IT Quiz Questions
- The team from which prestigious varsity won a $40,000 online, nine-day challenge in early December, proposed by the US government’s DARPA, in just nine hours?
- Which popular duo have plans to sell 5 million shares each in the company they co-founded, representing about 17 per cent of their overall holdings, over the next five years?
Ans: Larry Page and Sergey Brin of Google. 56 Name the chip that runs the iPad. Ans:A4
- Codenamed the LeapFrog, the 950 was the first true …?
- Who makes Pi, being held up as ‘India’s 1st Reading Device’?
- Which popular Web site’s tagline says ‘Ideas Worth Spreading’?
- Of which leading Indian IT company was Vijay K. Thadani one of the two founders in 1981
- Name the Vijayawada-born lady now serving as the CTO of Cisco
- Who made this ‘criticism’ of the iPad: “You know, I’m a big believer in touch and digital reading, but I still think that some mixture of voice, the pen, and a real keyboard — in other words, a Netbook — will be the mainstream on that”?
- Who was named the ‘Mobile Industry Personality of the Year’ at the recent Mobile World Congress in Barcelona?
- Name the recently unveiled music file format, developed by some of the key figures behind the MP3 and intended to be a competitor to Apple’s iTunes LP.
- Recently the mayor Bill Bunten of the capital city of Kansas decided that the city should ‘be known for the month of March as “Google, Kansas, the capital city of fibre optics.” Name the city
- According to a recent Fortune magazine ranking for most admired companies, which company leads, according to its peers, in the computer software category?
- What is ‘RE<C’?
Ans: Google.org’s project to produce renewable energy at a profit from wind and solar sources, particularly solar thermal energy.
- Name the Twitter style version of Wikipedia that gives definitions in under ten words with a touch of humour. For example, Google is ‘The Centre of the Internet. They can find you anything’
Ans: Ten Word Wiki.
- Which cyber major sponsors ‘Project Looking Glass’, a free software project under the GPL to create an innovative 3D desktop environment for Linux, Solaris, and Windows
- If Apple can use the name iPhone for its smartphone, for what can Cisco use the same name?
Ans:Its VoIP phone.
- What is the claim to fame of the Cray XT5-HE Opteron Six Core 2.6 GHz also called the ‘Jaguar’?
It is the fastest Supercomputer in existence
- Which Indian State is ‘numero uno’ as regards the telephone subscriber base data?
- With whom has Google teamed up to bring the Web into the living room through a new generation of televisions and set-top boxes called Google TV?
Ans:Intel and Sony.
- Which very popular, free web-based, collaborative, multilingual project is readying for its first major UI overhaul by adopting a new theme called ‘Vector’?
- After whom is the international day of blogging to celebrate the achievements of women in technology and science named?
Ans:Ada Lovelace. It was observed on March 24.
- In the context of our country and Yahoo!, why is June 29, 2000 an important date?
Ans:Yahoo! India was launched IT Quiz Questions 77.Which two entities have teamed up to launch an online document-sharing service called ‘Docs.com’? Ans: Facebook and Microsoft.
- Android’s next iteration is called….?
- In which Indian city did game developer Zynga open the company’s first office outside the US?
- Which was the first major computer maker to eliminate the floppy completely, way back in 1998?
Ans:APPLE 81.In its latest report, covering the first quarter of 2010 by security vendor Sophos, which two Asian countries are in the leading quartet which accounted for more than 30 per cent of spam relayed by hacked computers worldwide? Ans:India (No. 2) and South Korea, along with the US (No.1) and Brazil.
- Engineers at which pioneering tech company recently used atoms to create a 3D map of the globe
- Google is to open an online e-books store soon. What is it to be called?
Ans:Google Editions. 84 Name the only Asian country among the nine chosen by Apple for the iPad to debut on May 28? Ans:JAPAN IT Quiz Questions
- What new innovation has the tagline ‘TV meets web. Web meets TV’?
- If it is App Store for Apple and Android Market for Google, what would it be for Chrome
- ‘Project Nike’ is a deal between which online pioneer and telecom giant?
Yahoo and Nokia.
- Who owns the H.264 codec?
Ans:MPEG LA consortium of 26 companies. IT Quiz Questions
- Which company has the screen technology called Mirasol used in e-readers?
- The iPhone OS has been officially rechristened as…?
Ans:I OS 91 Jaguar, Nebulae and Roadrunner are the top three in the world in which category? Ans:Supercomputers 92.Which global superstar is playing the role of Yahoo’s brand ambassador at the FIFA World Cup in South Africa? Ans:David Beckham.
- Which IBM supercomputer is scheduled to take on contestants in the popular quiz show ‘Jeopardy!’?
Ans: IBM Watson
- Which pioneering cyber-giant has decided to use Firefox as the default browser for nearly 4,00,000 of its employees?
Ans:IBM IT Quiz Questions
- Microsoft’s a new technology that allows batteries to be inserted either way, regardless of polarity, is called. …?
- If Google has Android, what does Samsung have?
- Which US security company that administers one of the root servers of the Internet has started ‘Project Apollo’ to not only deal with the increase in bandwidth demand but also strengthen the .com and .net domains?
- The first message sent over the pioneering Arpanet was ‘login’. On which letter is the link said to have crashed?
- Name the inventor of the Lisp programming language who is also credited with coining the term ‘Artificial Intelligence’.
Ans: John McCarthy.
- Name the conference held recently at Lake Tahoe in California, and addressed by people such as Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos, that branded itself as “a new way to look at the economic power of innovation”?
- Name the Web site where one can view charity pledges made by billionaires such as Larry Ellison, Bill & Melinda Gates, Paul Allen, George Lucas and Pierre Omidyar, amongst others
- What is ‘Blackpad’ that is expected to debut before the end of 2010?
Ans: Research In Motion’s touch-screen tablet to take on Apple iPad.
|i quiz questions,|
|it quiz 2014 questions and answers,|
|it quiz 2015 questions and answers,|
|it quiz bee questions,|
|it quiz bee questions and answers,|
|it quiz bowl questions,|
|it quiz competition questions,|
|it quiz competition questions and answers,|
|it quiz computer questions and answers,|
|it quiz connect questions,|
|it quiz latest questions and answers,|
|it quiz mcq questions with answers,|
|it quiz questions,|
|it quiz questions 2014,|
|it quiz questions 2015,|
|it quiz questions 2016,|
|it quiz questions 2017,|
|it quiz questions and answers,|
|it quiz questions and answers 2010,|
|it quiz questions and answers 2013 pdf,|
|it quiz questions and answers 2014 pdf,|
|it quiz questions and answers 2015 pdf,|
|it quiz questions and answers 2016,|
|it quiz questions and answers 2017,|
|it quiz questions and answers download,|
|it quiz questions and answers for computer,|
|it quiz questions and answers for school,|
|it quiz questions and answers in malayalam,|
|it quiz questions and answers in malayalam pdf,|
|it quiz questions and answers in pdf,|
|it quiz questions and answers latest,|
|it quiz questions and answers latest 2015,|
|it quiz questions and answers latest pdf,|
|it quiz questions and answers malayalam pdf,|
|it quiz questions and answers pdf,|
|it quiz questions and answers pdf download,|
|it quiz questions and answers pdf free download,|
|it quiz questions and answers tcs,|
|it quiz questions download,|
|it quiz questions for class 6,|
|it quiz questions for class 8,|
|it quiz questions for engineering students,|
|it quiz questions for high school students,|
|it quiz questions kerala,|
|it quiz questions malayalam,|
|it quiz questions mcq,|
|it quiz questions on computer,|
|it quiz questions online,|
|it quiz questions pdf,|
|it quiz questions pdf download,|
|it quiz questions ppt,|
|it quiz questions tcs,|
|it quiz questions with answers,|
|it quiz questions with answers 2012,|
|it quiz questions with answers 2015,|
|it quiz questions with answers by computer,|
|it quiz questions with answers in malayalam,|
|it quiz questions with answers pdf,|
|it quiz questions with multiple choice answers,|
|it quiz questions with options and answers,|
|it quiz rapid fire questions,|
|it quiz related questions,|
|it quiz related questions and answers,|
|it quiz sample questions,|
|it quiz sample questions and answers,|
|it related quiz questions with answers,|
|it trivia questions and answers,|
|it trivia questions technology,|