I.T Quiz Questions and answers 2017
I.T Quiz Questions by Britto Sabu
1.*X was an Internet TV service, created by Niklas Zennström and Janus Friis. It began development in 2006. Working under the code name “The Venice Project”, Zennström and Friis assembled teams of some 150 software developers in about six cities around the world.
*The company went through restructuring several times and sold most of its assets in 2009; it suspended operations in 2012.
What is X we are referring to ?
Ans : Joost
2. X is a Russian (originally American) social networking service where users can keep a blog, journal or diary.
It was started on April 15, 1999 by American programmer Brad Fitzpatrick as a way of keeping his high school friends updated on his activities. In January 2005, blogging software company Six Apart purchased Danga Interactive, the company that operated X , from Fitzpatrick.
Six Apart sold LiveJournal to Russian media company SUP Media in 2007 with whom under X currently operates
What is X
Ans : LiveJournal
”Windows is a set of poorly debugged device drivers”, these words were said by whom?
Ans : Marc Andreessen
4.Identify this personality
Ans : Gary Hendrix
5. He is a guy who lost his girlfriend in a train accident, but the girl’s name nowhere appeared in the dead list.This guy grew up and became IT technical architect in his late 20’s achievement in itself!! He hired developers from the whole globe and planned to make a software where he could search for his girl friend through the web.
Things went as planned…and he found her, after losing millions of dollars and 3 long years!!It was time to shut down the search operation, when the CEO of a company had a word with this guy and took over this application,This Software made a whopping 1 billion dollars profit in its first year, which we today know as what
Ans : Orkut Buyukokten & Orkut
I.T Quiz Questions
6. 1993, Sobrato Development Co, a construction company, built this in Cupertino, California. This street they built encircles 6 buildings which are now called IL-I to IL-VI. As a part of the new age world, this street houses a legacy and promise of a faster growing world. Name this street, that was originally a part of Marianna Avenue and housed the address “20525 Marianna Avenue”.
Ans : Infinite Loop. The Apple headquarters are located here
* Y was designed at X Design Center in California, and patented for the US by the Bulgarian-American designer Dimitre Mehandjiysky. X’s one billionth phone sold was a Y purchased in Nigeria in 2005.
* Y achieved its popularity despite being made during a time when more modern mobile phones with more features (e.g. colour screen, internal camera) were available in the market. It was targeted towards developing countries
*Over 250 million of it have been sold worldwide, making it the world’s bestselling product in that class.
Give X & Y
Ans : X – Nokia , Y – Nokia 1100
8.Identify this logo
Ans : Prezi
*A man called John Barger (born 1953 in Yellow Springs, Ohio)-In high school specialized in math and science, but also read Freud and James Joyce. During the first half of the 1980s he programmed games and educational software for the Apple II, the Commodore 64, and the Atari 800. An active participant in Usenet during the 1990s, he wrote early FAQs on ASCII art, Kate Bush, Thomas Pynchon, and James Joyce.
*In 1994 he formulated an “Inverse Law of Usenet Bandwidth”: “The more interesting your life becomes, the less you post… and vice versa.”Barger coined the term _______ to describe the process of “logging the web” as he surfed. Thus he pioneered the phenomenon of _____ as we know it today. What?
Ans : Blog
I.T Quiz Questions
10. Texas Instruments is responsible for the creation of an affordable version of which famous handheld device used in almost every home today?
Ans : Calculator
Which Indian state established the biggest incubator centre in the country?
Thanks for reading I.T Quiz Questions by Britto Sabu, checkout other posts too.