1) This App is originally developed by Atul Singh. It garnered success, reaching 5 million users within four months. The service was later acquired in April, 2013 by a joint venture organization between Bharti Airtel and SoftBank Japan, who invested $7 million in the development of the application. It is available on various platforms like iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry OS, Symbian.
2) This device was found for operating aircrafts and elevators. Later Ralph Bear used it for another purpose for first time. Identify the device?
3) Identify the Statue, What he had done?
- Nikola Tesla
- Niagara falls (where he set up the first major hydroelectric power plant in the world)
4) What is the invention? This was invented by David Bradley, a designer of the original IBM PC.
About it, he said, “I may have invented it, but Bill Gates made it famous.”
Hint: According to some sources, the next sentence reportedly was, “I win whenever he loses.”
5) The Internet Movie Database(IMDb) is the most revered online database of information related to movies. It was acquired by X in 1998. Even today, IMDb is a wholly owned subsidiary of X.
6) Jack Smith, a hardware engineer left Apple computers along with his colleague(who is a BITS Pilani Graduate) to form a free e-mail portal which created e-mail revolution.
Name the person and the email service.
Ans: Sabeer Bhatia and HoTMaiL
7) While examinations are going on in India, copying and cheating is often discouraged. But one technology company put out an advertisement for which it got an international award. It advertised “We encourage copying”. Which company?
8) In 1973 a product was introduced which was then popular by its acronym. The expansion to the acronym is Dynamic Adaptive Total Area Convergence.
What do we know this product today as ?
Ans: DynaTAC – Worlds 1st mobile phone from Motorola.
9) ID Logo
ANS: Windows 1.0
10) ID image
Ans: Ipod Click Wheel
11) X is a term used to indicate a group of former Y employees and founders who have since founded and developed additional technology companies such as Tesla Motors, LinkedIn, Palantir Technologies, SpaceX, YouTube, Yelp Inc and Yammer. What?
Ans: Paypal Mafia
12) X is an proprietary programming language developed by MathWorks, allows matrix manipulations, plotting of functions and data, implementation of algorithms, creation of user interfaces, and interfacing with programs written in other languages, including C, C++, C#, Java, Fortran and Python. Identify X?
13) It was originally spun off from Acer in 2001 to provide a separate branded channel. Its first mobile phone was M775C and it has launched 8 new mobile phones till now ranging from bar, clamshell to windows mobile. The slogan of the company is “bringing enjoyment and quality to life”.
14) “X” was started with 1 city and 1 hotel in Gurgaon in January 2013. The company as of October 2016 has around 6500 hotels in 220+ cities of India and has been named India’s largest budget hotel chain. It has also launched in Malaysia. “X” was also known as Oravel Stays Pvt. Ltd.
Ans: Oyo Rooms
15) “X” is an American automaker and energy storage company co-founded by Martin Eberhard, Marc Tarpenning, JB Straubel, Elon Musk and Ian Wright, and is based in Palo Alto, California. “X” also specializes in electric cars and their powertrain components and also produces battery charging equipment. Identify “X”?
Ans: Tesla Motors