IT Quiz | Class 10th ICT Textbook | Nandulal Krishna | IT Quiz Questions and Answers
ICT Textbook of Class VIII ( SCERT Textbook – 10th Standard ) Has been Studied by me and Here are Some Questions that are useful for Kerala State IT Quiz Participants. Study Well – Prepare Well – Take out the Quizzing Wizard in you. With Love Nandulal Krishna
1.____”X”_____ is a raster graphics file format that supports lossless data compression. “X” was created as an improved, non-patented replacement for GIF, and is the most widely used lossless image compression format on the Internet. Name X
Ans: Portable Network Graphics-PNG
2. APNG, MNG are closely related to the PNG image format. Expand Them
Ans: Animated Portable Network Graphics-APNG & Multiple-image Network Graphics-MNG
3. “X” is an XML-based vector image format for 2-D graphics with support for interactivity and animation. The “X” specification is an open standard developed by the W3C since 1999. “X” images and their behaviors are defined in XML text files. Name X
Ans: SVG-Scalable Vector Graphics
4. “X” is an Adobe Flash file format used for multimedia, vector graphics and ActionScript. “X” files can contain animations or applets of varying degrees of interactivity and function. Name X
Ans: SWF-Shockwave Flash, later called Macromedia Shockwave Flash then Adobe Flash
5. Which Kind of Image-Graphics Specification is represented in this picture
6. “Y” is a form of electronic graphic art that consists of simple illustrations as opposed to photographic images. “Y” is generally available in a large number of file formats, which are either bitmaps or vector graphics. (Powerpoint Users will remember the term strongly) Name Y
Ans: Clip arts
7. In software engineering, an “X” happens when developers take a copy of source code from one software package and start independent development on it, creating a distinct and separate piece of software. Which is the Term?
Ans: Project Fork (Code Fork)
8. What is “Sodipodi”?
Ans: Sodipodi is an open-source vector graphics editor, discontinued in 2004, and is the predecessor to Inkscape.
9. Soc is Expanded as “System on Chip”. Then What is GSoC? (it is Not Related to SoC or Smartphones but to Google !)
Ans: GSoC-Google Summer of Code is an international annual program, first held from May to August 2005.
10. Ted Gould, Bryce Harrington, Nathan Hurst, and MenTaLguY were former Sodipodi Developers. After Discontinuing Sodipodi, they started “X Project”. Name it Ans: Inkscape ( Sodipodi is the predecessor to Inkscape)
11. “X” is a desktop publishing (DTP) application, released under the GNU General Public License. ID the Logo
12. TeX is a typesetting system designed and written by Donald Knuth and released in 1978. It was the predecessor of a Famous non-WYSIWYG document preparation system “X”. Name “X”
13. “Y” is an American Computer Scientist who Developed LaTeX from TeX. “X” was the winner of the 2013 Turing Award. X’s bakery algorithm is a computer algorithm which intended to improve the safety in the usage of shared resources(Prevents Data corruption). Identify X
Ans: Leslie Lamport
14.”X” is a style sheet language used for describing the presentation of a document written in a markup language like HTML. “X” is a cornerstone technology of the World Wide Web. Name X
Ans: CSS-Cascading Style Sheets
15. The Initial release of CSS was on Dec 17, 1996. W3C developed CSS with Help of a Norwegian Developer “X” & a Dutch Computer Scientist “Y” Name X & Y
16. “X” was part of a project to make the Internet accessible to scholars in the Humanities at the University of Groningen. The “X” web browser was created in August 1994 by Bert Bos. Name X
17. “full transparency in state management, privacy on the internet, as well as better use of IT and technology to make a better democracy” is the vision of a Norwegian political party co-founded by Håkon Wium Lie. Name it
Ans: Piratpartiet (The Pirate Party of Norway)
18. Samsung Max is an app that helps you use less Internet data while simultaneously protecting your privacy. Samsung Max was pre-owned by a Norwegian Software Company, primarily known for its web browsers Name The Company
Ans: Opera Software (Samsung Max-previously Opera Max)
19. Clerow “Flip” Wilson Jr was an American comedian and actor best known for his television appearances during the late 1960s and the 1970s. A term or phrase that was often used by Wilson’s Geraldine character, inspired researchers at PARC to create a famous acronym “X” “X” is denoting the representation of text on-screen in a form exactly corresponding to its appearance on a printout. Name X
Ans: WYSIWYG-“What you see is what you get”
20. The twist in the wire cancels out any magnetic interference that may develop in the wiring. There are two common types of twisted pair cabling, STP and UTP. Expand STP & UTP
Ans: STP-Shielded Twisted Pair Cable & UTP-Unshielded Twisted Pair Cable
21. ALOHAnet was a pioneering computer networking system developed at the University of Hawaii. ALOHAnet became operational in June 1971, providing the first public demonstration of a wireless packet data network. ALOHA protocol is the early forerunner to the___?____protocols. Which protocols?
Ans; IEEE 802.11 (Wi-Fi)
22.”X” is a non-profit organization that promotes Wi-Fi technology and certifies Wi-Fi products. “X” owns the Wi-Fi trademark. Manufacturers may use the trademark to brand certified products that have been tested. Name the Organization
Ans: Wi-Fi Alliance
23. Prof “X” and Dr. Mostafa Afgani Founded the Company “Y” to provide ubiquitous, high-speed, secure data networks wherever there is the illumination. Find X & Y
Ans: Prof Harald Hass – PureLiFi
24. a _______ is a network security system that monitors and controls incoming and outgoing network traffic. A _______ typically establishes a barrier between a trusted internal network and untrusted external network, such as the Internet. Find the Term
Ans: Firewall 25. GIS is a system designed to capture, store, manipulate, analyze, manage, and present spatial or geographic data. Expand GIS Ans: Geographic information system
IT quiz Question and Answers based on class X ICT Textbook made by Nandulal Krishna
26. ID Logo Ans: QGIS
27. What is called “the phonebook of the internet”?
Ans: DNS-Domain Name System
28. The Internet Society (ISOC) is an American nonprofit organization founded to provide leadership in Internet-related standards, education, access, and policy. The Internet Society was formed officially in 1992 by “X” & “Y” Find X & Y
Ans: Vint Cerf and Bob Kahn
29. ID Logo Ans: Internet Engineering Task Force
30. The IANA is a function of ICANN, a nonprofit private American corporation that oversees global IP address allocation, autonomous system number allocation, root zone management in the Domain Name System, media types, and other Internet Protocol-related symbols and Internet numbers. Expand IANA
Ans: Internet Assigned Numbers Authority
31.SSO is an authentication process that allows a user to access multiple applications with one set of login credentials. Expand SSO
Ans: Single Sign-On – SSO is a common procedure in enterprises, where a client accesses multiple resources connected to a local area network (LAN).
32. ID the Logo
Ans: Google Authenticator-a software token that implements two-step verification services using the Time-based One-time Password Algorithm.
33. In cryptography, the OTP is an encryption technique that cannot be cracked but requires the use of a one-time pre-shared key. Expand OTP (Not to be confused with a One-time password. )
Ans: One Time Pad
34.LibreOffice Base is part of the LibreOffice office suite. What’s the Use of LibreOffice Base? Ans: Its open-source relational database management system – (R-DBMS)
35.”X” is a database management system (DBMS) from Microsoft that combines the relational Microsoft Jet Database Engine with a GUI and software-development tools. Find X (See the Logo)
Ans: MS Access
36. ID Logo
Ans: Adobe Captivate
37. What is Alexandria,Koha,OPALS,L4U,Evergreen etc ?
Ans: Library Management Softwares
38. ID Logo Ans: Alexandria
39. Insignia, Libramatic, Worldshare, OCLC, Alma etc. are some Library management Services. What is there common Speciality? Ans: They are Cloud-based
40. “X” is a Canadian software company that specializes in animation production and storyboarding software.”Bringing your Stories to life” is their Motto. ID X
Ans: Toon Boom Animation Inc.
41. “Y” is a free and open-source 2D vector graphics computer animation program created by Robert Quattlebaum. Name “Y” Ans: Synfig Studio-It was originally called SINFG, a recursive acronym for “SINFG Is Not A Fractal Generator”
42. “X” is the discontinued operating system by Apple Computers.Inc (1993–1997). “X” was written entirely in C++ and trimmed to be low power consuming and use the available memory efficiently. “X” is Second Name of a Famous English Physicist Name X Ans: Newton OS
43. “Y” is an Operating System developed by Apple. it is Named After a French Physicist who devised the “principle of transmission of fluid-pressure” Name Y Ans: Pascal OS – Apple Pascal
44.___ is a programming language developed by Scientists of Bell Laboratories. The aim of the language is “to turn ideas into software, quickly and faithfully”.
45. ID the Person Ans: Ken Thompson
46. Btrfs is a file system based on the copy-on-write (COW) principle, initially designed at ____?_____ for use in Linux.
Ans: Oracle Corporation
47. File Allocation Table (FAT) is a computer file system architecture developed by ___?___
48. ID Logo Ans: GNU HURD
Ans: Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
Ans: Active Server Pages
Article Image : https://morevnaproject.org/
IT quiz Question and Answers based on class X ICT Textbook made by Nandulal Krishna
Stay Tuned for next Question Series
What if “X” is the QM ??
Kerala State School IT Quiz Package 2019Best for Kerala Sub District, District and State level IT Quiz
300 IT Quiz Questions in Excel Format
5 eBooks on IT Quiz
An IT Quiz Google Drive ~1GB Contents
Latest Tech News,Founders,Logo,Companies
Best for Sub District, District and State level IT Quiz
Free IT Quiz Files published by IT @ School
No Ads on Contents
Quiz on Current Affairs. Link- Click here for Content info
1000 Tech Facts eBook
Access to an active WhatsApp group with fellow IT Quizzers from Kerala