Current Affairs in Information Technology 2017 , QuizBytes 2017
Current Affairs in Information Technology 2017 ,What all happened in Indian Technology, Business & Startup Ecosystem, Current Affairs in information Technology will be benefitial for everyone who is preparing for competitive exams,interviews,IT Quiz Competitions. Make sure to complete the Current Affairs in Information Technology Quiz end of this page after completing reading the article.
1) Ecommerce players Flipkart, Amazon slash investments in their flagship marketplaces in FY2016-17.
2) Jyoti Bansal has invested $50 Mn in personal capacity into Big Labs.
3) Paytm Mall, will soon take legal action against the technology solutions arm of Snapdeal, Unicommerce for alleged data misuse.
4) eBay has acquired a 5.44% stake in Indian ecommerce unicorn Flipkart India.
5) bigbasket.com has raised $5 Mn from Helion Ventures Partners. While, Grofers India has pumped in $14.7 Mn from its Singapore-based parent company Grofers International.
6) ZipLoan, has raised $3 Mn Series A funding from Matrix Partners India.
7) Zoho Corporation has launched an agile project management solution Zoho Sprints.
8) Skillenza has raised $722K in a seed funding by Blume Ventures and Indian Angel Network.
9) SpotDraft has acquired $550K in a seed funding round led by Hunch Ventures.
10) Paytm commits $500 Mn to meet RBI’s full KYC norms; MobiKwik earmarks $15.3 Mn.
11) Toppr has raised $6.92 Mn in its Series B funding.
12) Rakyan Beverages, the parent firm behind packed juice brand RAW Pressery, has secured $6 Mn from existing investors.
13) Doctor Insta is aiming to raise $4 Mn in funding to further expand its operations in the country.
14) Herbal energy shot maker FYRE has raised $500K in a seed funding round from Venture Catalysts.
15) Bharati Robotics has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from its existing investors.
16) TagBox has raised an undisclosed amount of angel investment from Indian Angel network and the IAN Fund.
17) Khatua Committee to introduce ‘Happy Hours’ to determine optimal fare structures for taxis & autos to call for cap on surge pricing by Cab Aggregators.
18) Here is the list of shortlisted 20 startups for the Winter 2017 accelerator programme.
19. Ecommerce Firm Flipkart Eyes Strategic Partnership With Online Ticketing Platform BookMyShow
20. Amazon makes investments to bolster its Indian army after losing out to Flipkart during festive season
21. Apple gears up to enter the booming digital payments space in India with Apple Pay
22. Out of 200 applications from 7 countries, Here are the names of 20 global startups for ‘The India Fintech Awards’ Demo –
23. Gyanendra Badgaiyan to head lobby group Indiatech launched by Flipkart, Ola & Others.
24. Bringing students under the scope of micro lending since 2015 KrazyBee recently bagged $8 Mn Series A Funding From Xiaomi
25. RenewBuy has raised $9.2 Mn and now aims to simplify auto insurance
26. VR and AR and the overall mixed reality space have been on the radar of many over the past three-odd years and now needs to be nurtured with proper technical & business guidance
27) Online insurance policy aggregator PolicyBazaar.com has raised $77 Mn equity funding.
28) Indian ecommerce market will touch $200 Bn mark by 2027: Morgan Stanley.
29) Blume Ventures has onboarded IBM veteran Radhesh Kanumury to spearhead its enterprise innovation efforts.
30) Bengaluru based social ecommerce startup Meesho has raised $3.1 Mn in a round of funding led by SAIF Partners.
30) Chaayos, has raised $2 Mn funding from existing investor Tiger Global Management.
31) Supreme Court has asked centre to examine the issue of setting up a regulatory mechanism for app-based transport services.
32) Flipkart has launched its third fashion private label Anmi.
33) The German carpooling app Wunder Carpool has forayed in India and has recently launched a revamped version of its global app.
34) Philips HealthWorks recently held its first Breakthrough Day at the Philips Innovation Campus in Bengaluru.
35) Andhra Government intends to create 3 Lakh jobs in IT and electronics sector in the next five years.
36) Flipkart has committed $500 Mn to its group company, the UPI app PhonePe.
37) Google has stealthily launched its web domain registrar service in the country.
38) Digital payments in the country could increase by 30%-40% in the coming five years.
39) StanPlus has raised $1.1 Mn in Seed funding for a minority stake led by Kstart.
40) Ratan Tata blames the lack of encouraging startup ecosystem for not having disruptive startups in good numbers.
41) Reserve Bank of India (RBI), in a set of fresh guidelines, has introduced stricter Know Your Customer (KYC) norms for users of mobile wallets.
42) Hyderabad-based edtech startup UCLID EduLabs Pvt Ltd has raised a Seed funding round of $235K from a bunch of US-based investors at a valuation of $1 Mn.
43) PM Narendra Modi has launched Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan to promote digital literacy in rural India.
44) After BSNL, MobiKwik has partnered with Bajaj Finance to launch Bajaj Finserv Digital Wallet.
45) To expedite its electric mobility mission,the Government of India has held talks with over 50 Indian and global companies.
46) The country’s sole electric vehicle manufacturer Mahindra and Mahindra (M&M) is reportedly looking to join hands with Ford Motor to build a new electric sedan.
47) California and Bengaluru-based GridRaster Inc., which helps create AR/VR content on mobile platforms, has raised $2 Mn in Seed funding from Exfinity Ventures.
48) Gurugram-based AI and deep learning solutions provider ParallelDots has raised $1.4 Mn in an additional funding.
49) Bengaluru-based online grocer bigbasket.com has raised $839 K from its existing investor Trifecta venture debt fund.
50) Vertex Ventures has finally closed its Southeast Asia and India fund (SEA III) at $210 Mn.
51) RBI orders ecommerce players to settle seller payments within two days.
52) Mumbai-based IvyCap Ventures has announced plans to launch a $76.5 Mn venture debt fund within the coming three months.
53) Bengaluru-based B2B automobile service startup LetsService.in has secured an undisclosed amount of funding in a Pre Series A round.
54) Jio Payments Bank, a joint venture between Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) and SBI, is gearing up to commence operations by December this year.
55) Flipkart Group has given a go-ahead to its logistics arm eKart for investments, acquisitions, and inter-corporate loans.
56) Amazon files patent to introduce drones in India for delivery.
57) The iPhone maker Apple sought for some concessions from the Indian government under make in India policy.
58) P2P car and bike sharing platform Drivezy (formerly JustRide) has raised $10 Mn in a part equity and part debt funding.
59) Zomato has launched new features to keep the wrongdoings such as bribery and blackmail in check.
60) Bengaluru-based fintech startup SlicePay has raised $2 Mn as part of its ongoing Series A funding round.
61) YouTube has launched its first ever pop-up space in Hyderabad.
62) Bengaluru based B2B agritech startup, GS Farm Taaza Produce Pvt Ltd, has reportedly raised $8 Mn Series A funding.
63) India’s first aerospace startup Team Indus has successfully showcased its various prep-milestones to the Google Xprize Judges’ Panel.
64) The Reserve Bank of India has finally released the official guidelines for non-banking financial companies engaged in #P2P lending in the country.
65) Bengaluru-based ecommerce portal for used goods,Zefo, has raised $9.2 Mn in Series B funding.
66) On-demand mobile repair and refurbishment startup, Yaantra has raised $3.1 Mn funding.
67) Flipkart has continued with its trust over its private label strategy and has brought in another one for large appliances – MarQ.
68) Silicon Valley accelerator-investor Y Combinator has recently announced its Office Hours-schedule in three Indian cities for its upcoming India-visit.
69) Enterprise software company Oracle has announced the first batch of startups for its Startup Cloud Accelerator programme in Delhi.
70) European payments player Worldline,has acquired 100% stake in Chennai based Indian payment platform MRL PosNet for $104.5 Mn.
71) Digital Wallet major MobiKwik has relaunched its payment gateway Zaakpay as MobiKwik Payment Gateway.
72) Flipkart recently bolstered its payments arm, PhonePe, with a $38.7 Mn investment.
73) Global cab aggregator Uber is reportedly on its way to raising massive funding from Japanese investment giant, Softbank.
74) Between August 2016 and March 2017, Paytm Payments Bank reported losses of around $4.6 Mn.
75) RBI to allow interoperability between mobile wallets within six months.
76) Amazon advertised 2x times but Flipkart sold 2.3x times in festive season sale.
77) Flipkart ESOP repurchase plan, buyback to take place at $85.2 per unit.
78) RevvX Hardware / IOT Accelerator have entered into a strategic partnership with Silicon Valley Innovation Center (SVIC).
79) Karnataka government is looking to invest $6.1 Mn for the construction of a state-of-the-art tech hub.
80) Ola (ANI Technologies Pvt. Ltd) has reportedly raised $2 Bn in a fresh funding round led by the investment arm of Chinese Internet giant, Tencent.
81) Flipkart Board approves $100 Mn ESOP repurchase plan.
82) China’s one and only bicycle sharing unicorn ofo has reportedly announced plans to enter the Indian market by the first half of 2018.
83) Zomato has extended its MissionGiveBack programme to allow free reservations for restaurant partners across the world. http://4-2.co/2yFaw5x
84) Gurugram-based fintech startup Chqbook.com has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from YouWeCan-backed Startup Buddy.
85) Bengaluru-based car repair and servicing startup Pitstop Car Repair & Service has raised $1 Mn Series A funding from Blume Ventures and Goldbell.
86) The Delhi High Court has reportedly cancelled the bailable warrant against Sanjiv Gupta, former Managing Director of defunct online retailer ASKME.com.
87) The 8th edition of Global Entrepreneurship Summit aka GES 2017 will take place in Hyderabad from November 28-30, 2017.
89) Regional language based social networking app, ShareChat, is in talks to secure $15 Mn Series B funding from Beijing-headquartered electronics company Xiaomi and VC firm Shunwei Capital.
90) Flipkart, Ola (ANI Technologies Pvt. Ltd), others have joined hands to set up lobby group Indiatech.
91) Indian opposition party may seek help from big data analytics startup Cambridge Analytica for 2019 polls.
92) Gurugram-based Fashalot, a location-based O2O fashion discovery platform, has raised an undisclosed amount of Pre-Series A funding.
93) Pointing out the role of agriculture in the economy, Union Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister, Radha Mohan Singh has said that the government is planning to support agritech startups.
94) $1.5 Bn sales chalked in ecommerce this festive season, Flipkart claims lead position with Amazon following close behind.
Thank you for reading Current Affairs in Information Technology 2017, Now complete the Quiz on Current Affairs in Information Technology 2017.
Quiz on Current Affairs in Information Technology 2017