Model questions and answers for TCS IT Wiz 2017
Credits : Somnath Chanda
Round 1 Tweet Quiz ( Who Tweeted this? ) ( Twitter Quiz) Twitter IT Quiz
1.Whose original tweet ellicited such reactions from Big B?
2.It was 2 pm on 5th May 2014…..who announced his grand entry to the world of twitterdom?
3.As revealed by Bastian Obermayer in this tweet, ‘what’ started more than a year ago?
4.To quash his death-rumour, who recently quoted Mark Twain in this tweet?
5.Some of the gems from whom?
6.Which organisation posted their first tweet in such a humorous way?
Related Searches: ITQuiz.in,IT Quiz.in,IT Quiz 2017, IT Mela 2017 Quiz, IT Fest Kerala , TCS IT Wiz, Latest IT Quiz Questions 2017,Information Technology Quiz Questions 2017,Information Technology Quiz Questions 2017, Technology Quiz,India IT Quiz,Open Source IT Quiz,College level IT Quiz,IT Quiz for HS Students,IT Quiz for HSS Students,IT Quiz for UP Stdents,IT Quiz for School Students
Round 2 Mixed Bag
1. In 1937, the American sociologist Read Bain wrote that ‘X’ “includes all tools, machines, utensils, weapons, instruments, housing, clothing, communicating and transporting devices and the skills by which we produce and use them.” The Merriam-Webster Dictionary offers the definition : “the practical application of knowledge especially in a particular area” and “a capability given by the practical application of knowledge”. What is X?
2. This fiesty 23-year old once said that she set her life’s goal in such a way that she would be given a chance to travel in an aeroplane. Touched by this revelation, Air India has offered her free business class flight tickets between any two of its destinations within the next year. Who is the beneficiary?
Ans: Sakshi Malik
3.The technology, designed by UltraTech International, was originally deployed by the local administration in Hamburg’s St Pauli party district to combat a public menace. Interestingly, the material used by UltraTech was originally used by Nissan to keep cars clean with the paint acting as a deflector for water-borne dirt. Which technology that may be deployed in many Indian cities in future, is being hinted at?
Ans:Walls that ‘pee back’ to tackle peopleWalls that ‘pee back’ to tackle people who urinate in publicwho urinate in public
4.Referring to the diminutive market share of the rivals of IBM during the late 1950’s and early 1960’s, what phrase was commonly used to refer to the following companies – Control Data Corporation(CDC), Univac, Burroughs, RCA, National Cash Register, Honeywell and General Electric (GE)? (Clue – The term will surely remind you about a literary creation which was turned into a certain entertainment-venture, made in Technicolor)
Ans:IBM and the Seven DwarfsIBM and the Seven Dwarfs
5.Intel’s latest innovation is a tiny system-on a-chip (SoC) based on the Intel Quark SE. It is the size of a shirt button but includes everything required to provide compute power for wearable devices. It has raised concern from experts due to the potential radiation exposure from such devices. Ironically named after a Nobel laureate who died of radiation poisoning, what is it called?
6.Dismissed by some at the times as ‘slacktivism’, it ultimately helped to raise more than $115 m. With the available funds, scientists associated with Project MinE have recently discovered a gene variant – NEK1 which will probably bring in a revolution in the field of medical science. What is said to the main source of all these funds which gave a shiver to people from different strata of life including the big shots – Bill Gates, LBJ & Zuckerberg?
Ans: Ice Bucket Challenge
7.This biotech company’s saliva-based personal genome test was named Invention of the Year by Time magazine in 2008.
Ans: 23 pairs of Chromosomes in a normal human cell
8.Founder Mitch Kapur was a teacher or instructor of TM Technique, a self development programme at Maharshi Mahesh Yogi’s ashrama.
9.The founder of this company named it after he accomplished a mission for his country after a long gap.
Ans: Andy Murray,became the first British playerAndy Murray became the first British player since Fred Perry to win the Wimbledon Men’ssince Fred Perry to win the Wimbledon Men’s Singles trophy after a gap of 77 yearsSingles trophy after a gap of 77 years
10. The ‘intriguing’ name of the latest venture of Chiki Sarkar, the former publisher of Penguin Random House India, is proposed by her husband Alex Travelli of The Economist. Interestingly, Rajdeep Sardesai also wanted the same name for his book that was later published as 2014. Identify this company whose name also invokes certain mythological connection. (Clue – One of the high profile clients associated with this company is a certain Ms. K.K. Vohra)
Ans: Juggernaut Books
11.Four 22-minute tv-show like episodes following the employees of Monarch Solutions, are being told by the antagonist’s perspective. Originally projected as the sequel to Alan Wake, it has been dubbed as the ‘Summer’s biggest Blockbuster’ since it’s launch in April, 2016. Name this Microsoft-product
Ans: Quantum Break
12.With which currently-in-news brand, launched in early- 2016, would you connect the following elements?
Ans: LYF Smartphones
13. In a declaration against renting out of goats from California Grazing, it has been stated that ‘PETA has no problem with letting goats do what goats want to do (e.g., look cute and eat weeds), but we do have concerns about how the goats may be transported, whether they are provided with access to shelter during storms and shade as well as water during hot weather, where they are housed when they aren’t “working”, what kind of veterinary care they receive, and what becomes of old and/or excess goats.’ Where these goats are usually deployed?
Ans: Google rents goats to help cut down the amount of weeds at Google HQ
14.Originally a whaleship (vis) that brought fortune-seekers to Yerba Buena (later renamed San Francisco) during the California Gold Rush of 1849, it was later converted into a storeship and hotel. The company-named-after-that- vessel was founded in 2010 but came into bigtime news only in 2016. Identify the company and also explain why it came into news?
Ans: Niantic & Pokemon Go
15.Etymological study of which hi-tech word gives out the following results?
16.Writer-director David Cage’s ‘Beyond: Two Souls’, premiered with much fanfare at the 2013 Tribeca Film Festival. What’s so special about that project?
Ans: It’s a Video Game
Incoming searches –
tcs it wiz,tcs it wiz questions,tcs it wiz prelims,tcs it wiz 2016 prelims,tcs it wiz 2016 book,tcs it wiz 2016 questions,tcs it wiz preparation,tcs it wiz prizes,tcs it wiz study material,tcs it wiz registration,tcs,it wiz 2015 book,tcs it wiz book,tcs it wiz study material pdf,tcs it wiz sample papers 2016,tcs it wiz kochi,tcs it wiz twitter,tcs it wiz questions and answers 2016,tcs,it wiz bhubaneswar 2016,tcs it wiz kolkata,tcs it wiz previous year questions,tcs it wiz app,tcs it wiz archives,tcs it wiz ahmedabad,tcs it wiz ahmedabad prelims 2013,tcs it wiz apk,,tcs it wiz ahmedabad questions,tcs it wiz questions and answers,tcs it wiz questions and answers 2012,tcs it wiz questions and answers 2013,,tcs it wiz 2012 ahmedabad questions,tcs it quiz questions and answers pdf,tcs it wiz book 2016,tcs it wiz blogspot
You may also like,
Current Affairs + Quiz Files1 User( For a Lonewolf)
- Last 1 Year IT Current Affairs in Capsule format, Click here for Sample
- 5 eBooks on IT Quiz in PDF Format
- 1000 IT facts eBook in PDF
- 300 IT Questions Excel Sheet with images
- 250 Questions as CONNECT and Trivia by GreyCaps Interns
- Google Drive with ~ 1 GB of ppt,pdf,word IT Quiz Files
- 1000+ Basic Fundamental interactive IT Questions
- Bonus slides on topics like Cloud Computing, Blogging, Information Security