Try this quiz on Tech Acquisitions and Mergers 2019 to check how updated you are in the tech world. Go on and happy quizzing!! 🙂
1. X announced in November that it will acquire Honey Science Corporation – best known as the maker of the popular deal-finding browser add-on Honey – for $4 billion, making it X’s largest acquisition. Identify X.
Answer – PayPal
2. Which popular digital fitness trackers company has been announced to be acquired by Google in early 2020 for $2.1 billion?
Answer – Fitbit
3. Which New York-based startup focuses on developing a ‘brain-computer interface’ via a proprietary software platform and wristband and is a technology that Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has signaled a keen interest in over the past couple of years?
Answer – CTRL-labs
4. X owned GitHub announced in September that it is acquiring Y– a San Francisco-based startup which has built an analytics tool for software development process management – for an undisclosed fee. Name X and Y.
Answer – X = Microsoft and Y = Semmle
5. Which Mountain View-based startup will join the new McDonald’s Global Technology team, called McD Tech Labs, based in Silicon Valley?
Answer – Apprente
6. Name the cloud migration specialist which was announced to be acquired by tech-giant Microsoft in September for an undisclosed amount.
Answer – Movere
7. In January 2020, Zomato has acquired the Indian operations of which food delivery biz?
Answer – Uber Eats
8. In February, Twilio announced the completion of its acquisition of the leading email API platform, at around $3 billion. Which platform I am talking about?
Answer – Sendgrid
9. The motive behind this deal was straightforward – buyout rivals in geography, in other words, buy dominance in geography. A ride-hailing major cracked this deal by buying out its middle east rival. Which deal has been discussed in the above line?
Answer – Uber acquired Careem
10. Rollout and Electric cloud were acquired by which enterprise continuous delivery specialist in 2019?
Answer – CloudBees
Well done! You have reached the end of the quiz. Don’t miss this quiz on important Tech Acquisitions and Mergers Quiz. Give it a try. Good luck!