Try this Telecom Operators Quiz to check how updated you are in the tech world. Go on and happy quizzing!! 🙂
1. Which telecom subsidiary has the same logo as its parent company and is often known by its parent company’s name?
Answer – Uninor
2. X carried the first-ever text message. It was Richard Jarvis of X who received the inaugural SMS, sent on Christmas Eve 1992 from one of his test engineers – 22-year-old Neil Papworth. The message read: “Happy Christmas”. Identify X.
Answer – Vodafone
3. It is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 16 countries across Asia and Africa. Headquartered in New Delhi, India, the company ranks amongst the top 3 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers. Which teleoperator was the first one to launch 4G?
Answer – Bharti Airtel
4. This company is the first in India to use biometric verification ensuring network security and also security to its customer and the first company that has implemented e-KYC. Name this telecom company.
Answer – Reliance Jio
5. He introduced the concept of PCOs in India. Who was he?
Answer – R.L. Dube
6. Name the world’s largest individual mobile operator?
Answer – China Mobile
7. Idea Cellular was formerly called _______.
Answer – Birla Tata AT&T Ltd.
8. What is the joint venture by Airtel-Vodafone launched in 2015 known as?
Answer – Firefly Networks
9. Which company is considered as the first company to launch the first smartphone?
Answer – IBM
10. In India, mobile phone service was started on July 31, 1995, in Kolkata. The historic call was made between then Union Telecom Minister Sukh Ram and the then Chief Minister of West Bengal Jyoti Basu. This company was founded on 1 October 2000 by the Government of India. Name this telecommunication company.
Answer – Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
Well done! You have reached the end of this Telecom Operators Quiz. I hope that you enjoyed it and learned something new. Don’t forget to comment, rate, and share it with your friends. Keep Learning, Keep Quizzing!!