This is a special set of IT Quiz on Women in Tech, International Women’s Day Special Quiz
1.”Googirl” written by Julian Guthrie is an unauthorized biography of?
Answer: Marissa Mayor.
2. owing to the Accomplishments and her naval rank, She was often referred to as “Amazing Grace” who’s she?
Answer: Grace Hopper.
3. Who co-founded Cisco Systems with her then partner Leonard Bosack?
Answer: Sandra Lerner.
4. Who’s often referred to as the”statue of liberty of cyberspace”?
Answer: Augustus Ada Byron.
5.<Women in Tech> (pic) is a 2016 anthology penned by?
Answer: Tarah wheeler
6. “Lean in: Women, work and the will to lead” is a book written by ?
Answer: Sheryl Sandberg
7.who’s the current COO of Facebook?
Answer: Sheryl Sandberg
8 who’s the current CEO of YouTube also called the “most important person in advertising”?
Answer: Susan wojcicki
9. Who authored the book “power of many”?
Answer: Meg Whitman
10. Who’s the former president and CEO of eBay and HP enterprises?
Answer: Meg Whitman
11. Who’s the first women to head IBM?
Answer: Virginia Rometty
12. Who’s the first black women to head a fortune 500 company, Xerox Corporation?
Answer: Ursula Burns
13. Who’s this (pic) iconic graphic designer best known for the “Happy Mac” symbol ?
Answer: Susan Kare
14. Mostly Recognized for her contribution to Ethernet technology ,Who’s referred to as the “Mother of Internet”?
Answer: Radia perlman
15. She was an analyst of Charles Babbage’s analytical engine and is considered by many the “first computer programmer. Who’s she?
Answer: Ada Lovelace
16.She developed the first compiler for an electronic computer, known as A-0. She also popularized the term “debugging”. Who’s she?
Answer: Grace Hopper
17. Who’s known as the “mother of COBOL”?
Answer:Grace Murray Hopper
18. Who became the first female president of the Association for Computing Machinery in 1974?
Answer:Jean E. Sammet
19. Who was the first person to start a computer dating service in 1964.?
Answer: Joan Ball
20. Who’s known for inventing a computerized telephone switching method which developed modern communication ?
Answer: Dr. Erna Schneider Hoover
21. She is known for designing the Acorn Micro-Computer, as well as the instruction set of the ARM processor. Who’s she?
Answer: Sophie Wilson
22. who did pioneering work in graphical adventure games for personal computers, particularly the King’s Quest series.?
23. In 2006, who became the first female recipient of the ACM’s Turing Award?
Answer: Frances E. Allen
24.LinuxChix an international organization for women who use Linux and women and men who want to support women in computing was founded by?
Answer: Deb Richardson
25. She was the first female engineer hired at Google, and was later named Vice President of Search Product and User Experience. She was formerly the CEO of Yahoo!. Who’s she?
Answer: Marissa Mayor
26. who’s the co-founderand chief technology officer of One Laptop Per Child (OLPC), and the founder of Pixel Qi?
Answer: Mary Lou Jepsen
27. Who’s is known to have programmed the first virus to infect RFID devices?
Answer: Melanie Rieback
28. “Imagine. Build. Create.” Is the motto of
an organization that focuses on providing technology education for African-American girls. What’s the name of this not for profit organization?
Answer: Black Girls Code (BGC)
29. Which famous women in Tech won the
IEEE John von Neumann Medal in 2004 and A. M. Turing Award in 2008?
Answer: Barbara Liskov
30. Who is best known for creation of the Google Android logo including its green robot icon.?
Answer: Irina Blok
31. Identify , Ex CEO of canonical Ltd.
Answer: Jane Silber
32. Who has been the Chief Financial Officer and Operations Lead of Square inc. founded by Jack Dorsey?
Answer: Sarah Friar
33. Who was the
former chairperson and CEO of Xerox Corporation selected as ‘CEO of the Year 2008’ by Chief Executive magazine?
Answer: Anne M. Mulcahy
34. Who’s work with spread spectrum technology led to the development of GPS, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi?
Answer: Hedy Lamarr
35. Who was Previously the interim chief executive officer of social media technology company Reddit, and replaced by Steve Huffman?
Answer: Ellen Pao
36.vanessa Hurst is the co-founder of which organization devoted to getting women the materials they need to pursue careers in software development.?
Answer: Girl Develop It
37. Who’s the CEO and co-founder of The Muse, a career-development platform?
Answer: Kathryn Minshew
38. Which American entrepreneur and businesswomanco-founded the websites Flickr and Hunch?
Answer: Caterina Fake.
39.”Innovating Women: The Changing Face of Technology” is written by?
Answer: Vivek Wadhwa, Farai Chideya
40.Dot Complicated: Untangling Our Wired Lives” is authored by?
Answer: Randi Zuckerberg
41. Who is best known for being the female American voice of Apple’s “Siri” since the service was introduced on the iPhone 4S?
Answer: Susan Bennett
42. Who is best known for her roles as Cortana in various Halo games as well as the intelligent personal assistant of the same name?
Answer: Jen Taylor
43.The term “Web 2.0” was first used in January 1999 by an information architecture consultant In her article, “Fragmented Future” who was she?
Answer: Darcy DiNucci
IT Quiz on Women in Tech, International Women’s Day Special Quiz – IT Quiz
44. Who is the founder of the tech organization Girls Who Code that is working to close the gender gap in technology?
Answer: Reshma Saujani
45. Who’s affectionately given the title of “Chief Lizard Wrangler” at the Mozilla Corporation?
Answer: Mitchell Baker
46. Who is the Indian-American businesswoman and CEO of San Francisco-based technology company SlideShare?
Answer: Rashmi Sinha
47. Who is the Executive Director and the CEO of HCL Enterprise and the only child of HCL’s founder, Shiv Nadar.?
Answer: Roshni Nadar.
48. Who was the founder and the CEO of VMware and currently the CEO for Google’s cloud businesses?
Answer: Diane Greene.
49. Which Israeli-born American business executive of Oracle Corporation is joined by
Mark Hurd as Co-President ?
Answer: Safra Catz
50. Founders at Work: Stories of Startups’ Early Days (2007) is a book written by?
Answer: Jessica Livingston
51. Who is the co-founder and chairperson of HTC Corporation and integrated chipset maker VIA Technologies.?
Answer: Cher Wang
52. Who currently serves as chief financial officer of Alphabet Inc. as well as its subsidiary Google?
Answer: Ruth porat.
53. Which humanoid robot became the first to receive citizenship of any country?
Thank you for reading the Women in Tech Quiz on this special occasion of International Women’s day. Please let me know the feedback about the questions on the comments.