IT Quiz Finals Questions and answers conducted by me at Sri C. Achutha Menon Government College
Rules of IT Quiz Finals
- Quiz master is always right.
- Infinite Pounce.
- +10 for right answer and -10 for wrong answer.
- Clues will be provided if all teams agree.
- Total 22+3 Questions.
- Tie breakers will be thereafter.
Questions and answers of IT Quiz finals at Achuthamenon College
1. These are some Applications from?
- “Sing! Karaoke”,
- “Ocarina 2, “Glee Karaoke”, I Am T-Pain, “Ocarina”, “Magic Piano”, “Magic Fiddle”, Sonic Lighter, Zephyr, Leaf Trombone: World Stage
- Lighter, Zephyr, Leaf Trombone: World Stage
#2. X has come out with a mobile operating system named Total that will offer services such as messaging and recharging without using data, targeting the lower end of smartphone
#3. __________acquires South Korea based MX Player For $200 Mn, to launch OTT video service.
Answer: Times Internet
#4. What does JSON Stands for?
#5. Which cycle sharing start-up from China?
- Recently they got billion dollar investment and they are coming to India by this year. Their operations is really interesting with lock that changes after each use
#6. Identify this knowledge base of Wikipedia?
What is the name of the apex company formed under this Government of Kerala IT Policy for pioneering the development of IT Special Economic Zones (SEZ), IT Townships and parks in the State of Kerala.This is a very special company formed by the Govt of Kerala.Their ongoing projects includes
- IT Park – Kannur
- IT Park Cherthala
- IT Park Kasargod
- IT Park Kollam
- IT Park Koratty
- IT Park – Kozhikode
- Kerala Fiber Optic Network
- Skill Delivery Platform Kerala
Answer: Kerala State Information Technology Infrastructure Limited (KSITIL)
IT Quiz finals questions
Identify this computational knowledge engine
Answer: Wolfram Alpha
Identify this Internet entrepreneur?
Answer: Jimmy Wales
Who authored the book Hit Refresh?
Answer: Satya Nadella
Answer: Google Developers
It is maintained by Facebook, Instagram and a community of individual developers and corporations.
It allows developers to create large web-applications that use data and can change over time without reloading the page.
What is it?
It is a community-developed fork of the MySQL relational database management system intended to remain free under the GNU GPL
Answer: MariaDB Foundation
This is a software repository for Android system, similar to the Google Play store.
The main repository, hosted by the project, contains only free software apps.
lynda.comis an American online education company offering video courses taught by industry experts in software, creative, and business skills.
It was founded in 1995 by Lynda Weinman.
In May 2015, LinkedIn purchased lynda.com for $1.5 billion.
Which company owns Lynda now ?
Identify the person?
- He is an American entrepreneur born on February 24, 1955
- He’s best known for Pioneer of the personal computer revolution
- “I was lucky to get into computers when it was a very young and idealistic industry. There weren’t many degrees offered in computer science, so people in computers were brilliant people from mathematics, physics, music, zoology, whatever. They loved it, and no one was really in it for the money […] There are people around here who start companies just to make money, but the great companies, well, that’s not what they’re about.”
Answer: Steve Jobs
Identify the logo
- “No one wakes up excited to see more advertising, no one goes to sleep thinking about the ads they’ll see tomorrow.”
Answer: Jan Koum
It is a technology company.
It was founded as InterviewStreetby two NIT Trichy alumni Vivek Ravisankar and Hari Karunanidhi. It is a Y Combinator-backed company, and was the first Indian company accepted into Y Combinator.
Answer: Google Search Algorithms
Which signal is X?
- X signal is sent between two telecommunication devices as a part of handshaking protocol.
- X is a signal in the form of a brief interruption in an otherwise continuous signal.
- X can be used to indicate certain conditions, or to cause specific actions to be performed by a telephone switching system.
Answer: WINK Signal
Which service from Google?
Answer: Google Domains
Which company acquired these two apps to merge them?
Which product from Microsoft?
Answer: Microsoft Paint 3D
Tie breaker IT Quiz finals questions
1.Where was GES 2017 held?
2.Foodpanda was acquired by?
3. .in Domain registry is operated under the authority of?
4.Who is the Turing award winner of 2016?
5. Which company was founded as Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. Ltd?
- Ola Cabs
- Tim Berners Lee
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Blog – www.ITQuiz.in
Mobile – 8891915181