Wayanad district IT Quiz HSS Questions and answers 2016
2. Which logo consist of an ‘i’ & ‘j’ with Make smiles written under it?
Ans: National Payments Corporation of india
4. Who wrote the book ‘Leaving Microsoft to change the world?
An: John Wood
5. What are they called as?
Ans: Traitorous Eight
6. What is the message given by a server when the data to be accessed is unavailable/ theinternet address is not found?
Ans: Error 404
7. X began publishing classics of Indian literature in January 2015. The books, which are in dual-language format with the original language and English facing, are published by Harvard University Press. The Columbia University scholar, Sheldon Pollock, is the library’s general editor. Pollock previously edited the Clay Sanskrit Library. The library was established through a $5.2 million gift from Rohan Murty, the son of Infosys co-founder N. R. Narayana Murthy and social worker and author Sudha Murty. What is X?
Ans: Murthy classical library of india
8. Mircrosoft’s new browser is
9.Who manufactures Oneplus,Vivo,Oppo and Imoo?
Ans: BBK Electronics
10. X is a graphic design technique that uses computers for presentation and consists of pictures pieced together from the 95 printable (from a total of 128) characters.What is X?
Ans: ASCII Art
11.X is a modification of the open standard PDF format for document exchange endorsed by the World Wide Fund for Nature (also abbreviated WWF) Germany. The WWF format is promoted as being more environmentally friendly than other comparable document exchange formats (e.g. PDF or DOC) since documents in this format are designed to be more difficult to print.What is X?
12. What is Ludology?
Ans:The discipline that studies games.
13.X also known as a shortcut icon, website icon, tab icon, URL icon, or bookmark icon, is a file containing one or more small icons, associated with a particular website or web page. A web designer can create such an icon and upload it to a website (or web page) by several means, and graphical web browsers will then make use of it.What is X?
14.Which Hollywood Actress’ inventions made the design of modern CDMA,Wi-fi and Bluetooth technologies?
Ans: Hedy Lamarr
15. Which website secretly owns the domain Rentless.com also directs you to that website?
16. X is an American marketing firm founded in 1982 by David Placek. It focuses on selecting brand names for companies and products. The company devised the brand names Pentium, BlackBerry, PowerBook, Zune, Swiffer, Febreze, SubaruOutback and Forester, Toyota Scion, DeskJet, Dasani, OnStar, Embassy Suites Hotels and Metreon, among others.
17.Which group of softwares are available to customers for free but cannot be modified? (Eg: Skype, Adobe Acrobat Reader )
* “THE X LICENSE” (Revision 42):
* <[email protected]> wrote this file. As long as you retain this notice you
* can do whatever you want with this stuff. If we meet some day, and you think
* this stuff is worth it, you can buy me a beer in return. Poul-Henning Kamp
What is X?
19. Apple Corps Ltd (informally known as Apple) is a multi-armed multimedia corporation founded in London in January 1968 by the members of the X to replace their earlier company (X Ltd) and to form a conglomerate. Its name (pronounced “apple core”) is a pun. Its chief division is Apple Records, which was launched in the same year.
20. X is a concept in software engineering and computer science where computing is made to appear anytime and everywhere. In contrast to desktop computing, X can occur using any device, in any location, and in any format. A user interacts with the computer, which can exist in many different forms, including laptop computers, tablets and terminals in everyday objects such as a fridge or a pair of glasses.
Ans: Ubiquitous Computing( Pervasive computing)
21. X is an American content delivery network (CDN) and cloud services provider headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, in the United States. X’s content delivery network is one of the world’s largest distributed computing platforms, responsible for serving between 15 and 30 percent of all web traffic. The company operates a network of servers around the world and rents capacity on these servers to customers who want their websites to work faster by distributing content from locations close to the user. Over the years its customers have included Apple, Facebook, Bing, Twitter, eBay, Google, LinkedIn and healthcare.gov
22.Which company’s HQ is situated at Infinite Loop ?
23.Which movie has its website refreshing every 15 minutes of its data ?
24.Net Nanny, Kid Rex, Dansguardian are the variants of
Ans: Web content filter
25. Which Hollywood actress invented the design on which bluetooth,Wifi, CDMA works?
Ans: Hedy Lamr
Credits & Congrats : Rahul
Keep Visiting, more questions will be updated to this thread soon, Thanks for reading. Reviews on comments please
Kozhikode District IT Quiz Questions and answers
Open Source IT Quiz made by Vishnu MC
IT Quiz on Future Technologies by Shyju Sir
Latest IT Questions made by Nandu Lal
Questions published in this blog are getting thousands of eyes each day, so if you ever wish to publish your questions in thie blog, just mail your set to [email protected]. Alteast 300 words set of questions are expected so that it will perform will in the blog. If your Questions are performing good in blog, you we will reward you with a surprise too.. Thanks for reading.