Latest Tech Quiz Questions and answers 2018
Checkout the latest Tech Quiz Questions and answers 2018.
QUESTION NO: 31
What am I talking about ?
● It was introduced by CompuServe in 1987 as 87a and has since come into widespread usage on the World Wide Web due to its wide support and portability.
Answer: GIF (Graphics Interchange Format)
QUESTION NO: 32
Virtual or Personal Assistants ?
QUESTION NO: 33
Identify the Company ?
● Genius bars are tech support stations located on the retail stores of which company? Answer: Apple Computers
QUESTION NO: 34
Technology to enter words by sliding fingers on the letters without lifting it, on touch screen devices.
QUESTION NO: 35
Name the Company ?
● Tegra, Tesla, GeForce and nForce are series for integrates chipsets are from which company?
Answer : NVIDIA
QUESTION NO: 36
Name this Award ?
● The Government of India has been bracing for innovation and transformation in delivery of information/services with adoption of best ICT practices. Almost every Government department is trying to make services accessible and integrated to citizens. It’s time to recognize these e-governance initiatives. These Awards, constituted by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, acknowledges exemplary initiatives/practices of various states/UTs in the realm of e-governance.
Answer: Web Ratna Award / Digital India Award QUESTION NO: 37
Who is behind this app ?
● This app Trringo aims to bring the sharing economy to rural India by creating a large inventory of farm equipments on rent. Farmers can place order for tractors and implements through a toll free number or through the app. The digital backend finds the nearest tractor and passes order to the driver. The driver arrives at the location and completes the work and charges on an hourly basis. Answer: Mahindra & Mahindra
QUESTION NO: 38
Name the Company ?
● A storage company started by Vivian Singh, Anshuman Gupta that starts with the name of an element on period table. This company has products like Memory Modules (DDR1, DDR2, DDR3), micro SD and flash Cards, Solid State Drives and USB Flash Drives. Which company?
Current Affairs + Quiz Files1 User( For a Lonewolf)
- Last 1 Year IT Current Affairs in Capsule format, Click here for Sample
- 5 eBooks on IT Quiz in PDF Format
- 1000 IT facts eBook in PDF
- 300 IT Questions Excel Sheet with images
- 250 Questions as CONNECT and Trivia by GreyCaps Interns
- Google Drive with ~ 1 GB of ppt,pdf,word IT Quiz Files
- 1000+ Basic Fundamental interactive IT Questions
- Bonus slides on topics like Cloud Computing, Blogging, Information Security
QUESTION NO: 40
Name this World’s First Regional Operating System ?
● This is an Indian mobile operating system based on Android. In India, the operating system has gained popularity, ranking above iOS & Windows and only behind Android. The operating system also has its own app market place called App Bazaar.
● The operating system is currently available in English & 12 Indian regional languages spoken by over 95% of the Indian population and has an active user base of over 7 million. This OS has partnered with the phone brands Micromax, Intex Technologies, Karbonn Mobiles, Celkon, Swipe, Elite & Trio Mobiles.
Answer INDUS (earlier known as Firsttouch) QUESTION NO:41
● Micheal Hart typed the entire “Declaration of the Independence” into a computer to create something, it also marked a beginning to the world knows something else.
● He typed the text into a computer, all in capitals as there was no lower-case option at the time, and sent out a message on ARPAnet saying that it was now available to download. Six people took him up on the offer. What did he created?
Answer The world’s first e-book was born.
What are all these ?
● I-ME-WE (India-Middle East-Western Europe)
● FLAG FALCON ((Bahrain, Egypt, India, …. UAE, Yemen)
● Bay of Bengal Gateway
● EIG – (Europe India Gateway) ● LION (Lower Indian Ocean Network)
● SAFE (South Africa-Far East) (South Africa, Mauritius, India, Malaysia)
Answer: International submarine communications cables
QUESTION NO: 43
What is AR ?
● One of the new trends of the year 2017 is VR and AR.
● We know VR means Virtual Reality.
In that context What does AR mean?
Answer: Augmented Reality
QUESTION NO: 44
Name the area ?
● Narinder Singh Kapany is an Indian-born American Sikh physicist known for his work in ………..
● He was named as one of the seven ‘Unsung Heroes’ by Fortune in their ‘Businessmen of the Century’ issue.
● He is also known as “Father of………”.
● The term ………. was coined by Singh Kapany in 1956. He is a former IOFS officer.
Answer: Fibre Optics
QUESTION NO: 45
Messaging App from Open Whisper Systems ?
● WhatsApp, announced it would use end-to-end encryption by default for all users, making it virtually impossible for anyone to intercept private WhatsApp conversations.
● Then in May, tech giant Google announced a brand new messaging app called Allo that also supports end-to-end encryption.
● Making the news even better from a privacy standpoint is that both WhatsApp and Allo use a widely respected securemessaging protocol from Open Whisper Systems, the San Francisco-based maker of this messaging app.
● Edward Snowden’s favorite messaging app is this.
QUESTION NO: 46
Predecessor of Wikipedia ?
● Wikipedia originally developed from another encyclopedia project called ………
● This Encyclopedia was founded on March 9, 2000, under the ownership of Bomis, a web portal company.
● Its main figures were Jimmy Wales, the CEO of Bomis, and Larry Sanger, editor-in-chief of that Encyclopedia .
QUESTION NO: 47
Musical Streaming App
● Rishi Malhotra (Co-Founder & CEO)
● Vinodh Bhat (Co-Founder & President)
● Paramdeep Singh (Co-Founder & Executive Chairman)
QUESTION NO: 48
What was the Google’s first tweet if it is decoded ?
Answer: I’m feeling lucky
QUESTION NO: 49
Who owns this brand ?
● Best Resolution Audio Visual Integrated Architecture.
● Produces mainly LCD & Organic light-emitting diode (OLED) HDTV.
Answer: Sony BRAVIA is a brand of Sony Visual Products Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation, and used for its television products. Its backronym is “Best Resolution Audio Visual Integrated Architecture”. All Sony high-definition flat-panel LCD televisions in North America have carried the logo for BRAVIA since 2005.
QUESTION NO: 50
● In computing, …………… is the act of running a computer program, a set of programs, or other operations, in order to assess the relative performance of an object, normally by running a number of standard tests and trials against it. The term ‘…………..’ is also mostly utilized for the purposes of elaborately designed programs themselves.
QUESTION NO: 51
Name this electronic device ?
● United States Ambassador to Lichtenstein and Switzerland Suzi LeVine has become the first ambassador to be sworn into office on an electronic device.
● LeVine, 44, took her oath of office in London on an electronic device.copy of the U.S. Constitution held by Vice President Joe Biden.
● A photo sent by the U.S. Embassy in London’s Twitter account show’s LeVine’s hand placed on the device while being sworn in.
● LeVine’s choice of using an electronic version of the Constitution comes as less of a surprise than others – she was a product manager at Microsoft and a marketing executive with Expedia prior to joining the federal government.
Answer Kindle ––e-reader
QUESTION NO: 52
What is this project called ? .
● Now, when a potential terrorist recruit searches for known extremist content using a predefined set of keywords, they’ll instead be redirected to videos that deconstruct and confront the terrorist group by Google.
Answer Re-direct method
QUESTION NO: 53
● This is a freemium language-learning platform that includes a language-learning website and app, as well as a digital language proficiency assessment exam.
● This offers all its language courses free of charge. As of November 2016, the language-learning website and app offer 68 different language courses across 23 languages.
● The app is available on iOS, Android and Windows 8 and 10 platforms with about 150 million registered users across the world.
Answer duoLingo QUESTION NO: 54
What is this feature called ?
● This is a virtual perimeter for a real-world geographic area. This could be dynamically generated—as in a radius around a store or point location, or it can be a predefined set of boundaries, like school attendance zones or neighbourhood boundaries.
● This is a feature in a software program that uses the global positioning system (GPS) or radio frequency identification (RFID) to define geographical boundaries.
Answer Geo fencing
QUESTION NO: 55
● This is the process of adding geographical identification data to various media such as a photos, videos, websites or SMS messages.
● This data usually consists of latitude and longitude coordinates, place names, and perhaps a time stamp.
Answer Free e-books – Project Gutenberg Project Gutenberg offers over 54,000 free eBooks: Choose among free epub books, free kindle books, download them or read them online. You will find the world’s great literature here, especially older works for which copyright has expired. We digitized and diligently proofread them with the help of thousands of volunteers. No fee or registration is required, but if you find Project Gutenberg useful, we kindly ask you to donate a small amount so we can digitize more books, maintain our online presence, and improve Project Gutenberg programs and offerings.
QUESTION NO: 57
Name the mobile phone company ?
QUESTION NO: 58
Name the App ?
● Google seems to have silently launched a new food delivery and home services aggregator called ………..for the India market. The app is available as a free download on the Google Play store and is currently operational in Bengaluru and Mumbai.
QUESTION NO: 59
Name the company ?
● Shortened url ti.com will lead to a famous an American technology company that designs and manufactures semiconductors, which it sells to electronics designers and manufacturers globally. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, United States, This company is one of the top ten semiconductor companies worldwide, based on sales volume. This company focus is on developing analog chips and embedded processors, which accounts for more than 85% of their revenue. TI also produces TI digital light processing (DLP) technology and education technology products including calculators, microcontrollers and multicore processors. To date, TI has more than 43,000 patents worldwide.
Answer Texas Instruments
QUESTION NO: 60
● A famous amul ad which captured an issue in India. What was the issue with TRAI ? Answer Net Neutrality
● Indian dairy products manufacturers Amul have come up yet again with a witty poster ad on the latest issue of net neutrality.
● The latest ad is regarding net neutrality. The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has decided to end net neutrality in India by April 24. However, netizens have raised protest with regards to their possible move. Net neutrality allows users to access all websites freely and equally. However, by ending this freedom, users will have to pay more and will have access only to a limited number of websites. On the other hand, it will help telecom companies to mint more money.
Incoming Searches tech quiz tech quiz questions tech quiz slideshare tech quiz 2017 tech quiz vol 8 tech quiz ppt tech quiz pdf tech quiz 2017 slideshare tech quiz names tech quiz logo tech quiz online tech quiz answers tech quiz archives quiztech aero tech addiction quiz ksp quiztech aero tech logo quiz answers itt tech quiz answers vo tech quiz answers technology logo quiz answers technology logo quiz answers level 3 tech quiz blogs tech quiz book technology quiz bee technology quiz bowl questions technology quiz bee questions and answers technology quiz bee reviewer technology quiz book pdf tech bytes quiz tech biz quiz tech bowl quiz tech quiz connect questions tech quiz cse tech career quiz tech connect quiz tech company quiz tech communication quiz quiz techcrunch technology computer quiz quiz technology communication texas tech quiz civil war tech quiz description technology dependence quiz tech quiz in delhi pharmacy tech drug quiz virginia tech dairy quiz bowl dialysis tech quiz daily tech quiz diesel tech quiz difficult tech quiz digital tech quiz tech quiz electronics technology quiz esl technology quiz easy technology quiz elementary tech ed quiz technology education quiz questions technology education quiz technology essentials quiz pharmacy tech exam quiz ekg tech quiz tech quiz for engineering students tech quiz finals technology quiz for students technology quiz for middle school technology quiz for elementary technology quiz for class 6 technology quiz for high school students technology quiz for grade 3 technology quiz for class 7 technology quiz for grade 5 tech quiz games technology quiz grade 5 technology quiz games technology quiz grade 6 technology quiz grade 3 technology quiz grade 7 technology quiz grade 9 technology quiz grade 8 technology quiz grade 4 tech grandmasters quiz questions technology quiz high school tech history quiz technology history quiz dna technology quiz high school quiz how tech savvy are you high tech quiz bowl tech quiz iit tech quiz ideas tech quiz images tech quiz india technology quiz india technology quiz in spanish teach ict quiz technology inventions quiz technology innovation quiz java tech quiz ksp quiztech tech knowledge quiz technology knowledge quiz food technology quiz ks3 information technology quiz kerala vet tech knowledge quiz ksp quiztech aero pack technology quiz logo tech logo quiz questions tech logo quiz answers android tech literacy quiz tech logo quiz online tech logo quiz solutions technology logo quiz level 1 technology logo quiz level 3 tech quiz mcq technology quiz multiple choice questions technology quiz multiple choice tech mahindra quiz tech master quiz technology management quiz technology mcq quiz tech quiz paper mario information technology quiz multiple choice questions technology quiz names tech news quiz techno quiz tech quiz team names technology quiz team names ndtv tech quiz technology quiz online pharmacy tech quiz online information technology quiz online surgical technology quiz online computer technology quiz online technology logo quiz online latest technology quiz online vet tech online quiz tech quiz preparation tech quiz prelims technology quiz pdf technology quiz ppt technology quiz proprofs technology quiz printable tech quiz questions with answers pdf tech quiz questions slideshare tech quiz questions 2017 tech quiz questions 2015 technology quiz questions technology quiz questions and answers 2015 technology quiz questions and answers 2014 technology quiz questions and answers 2013 technology quiz questions and answers about computers tech quiz rapid fire technology quiz reviewer technology quiz reviewer for elementary technology quiz reviewer grade 9 technology quiz reviewer grade 8 technology quiz reviewer for grade 10 technology quiz round technology quiz reviewer grade 4 technology quiz sample questions tech savvy quiz tech support quiz tech savvy quiz questions technology science quiz technology safety quiz technology systems quiz tech quiz tcs technology quiz trivia tech terms quiz tech talk quiz tech theatre quiz technology terms quiz technology trends quiz technology terminology quiz technology use quiz technology updates quiz tech logo quiz ultimate answers ultrasound tech quiz quizup tech questions tech vocab quiz technology vocabulary quiz technology vocab quiz texas tech quiz video vet tech quiz virginia tech quiz bowl visual tech quiz questions tech quiz with answers tech quiz with answers slideshare tech quiz websites tech week quiz tech wiz quiz tech world quiz quiz tech writer technology word quiz science & technology quiz with answers information technology quiz with answers x ray tech quiz food technology quiz year 7 technology 101 quiz quizlet pharmacy tech quiz 19 technology quiz 7th grade 777 tech quiz